- 250g canned fish
- 350g potatoes
- 50g chopped small onions (This quantity is after peeling off the skin)
- ½ tablespoon crushed ginger
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic cloves
- 4 to 5 finely chopped green chilies
- 2 sprig chopped curry leaves
- 1 ½ teaspoon grounded black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 beaten egg
- 100g bread crumbs
- Salt as you need
- Fortune Coconut oil as you need
- ½ lime
Take the pieces of boneless fish and add water, turmeric powder, salt and boil it. After it cools off, crush the fish and the boiled, skinned potatoes with clean hands.
Add chopped onions, green chilies, and curry leaves with crushed garlic cloves and ginger. Also grounded black pepper, and salt as you need.
A pinch of lime as needed will enhance the taste more! Take a spoonful of the mix and roll it into a smooth 1 1/2 inch diameter ball. Leave these balls on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
In a bowl, mix the two eggs and on a separate plate, mix the bread crumbs with the optional spices. Evenly coat each fish ball with the egg mix and then coat them with the bread crumbs.
In a saucepan heat enough oil to deep fry the cutlets, when the oil is hot enough, fry the cutlets until they turn a dark golden brown – about a minute.