Bloodshot Devilled Eggs!
- 6 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp red or burgundy food coloring gel
- 4 cups water
Filling and Toppings:
- 6 hardboiled egg yolks
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ tsp toasted sunflower oil
- Black olives, sliced into rounds
- 3 Tbsp to 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- Add water to medium saucepan and stir in red food coloring. Add eggs and stir. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat, cover and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove eggs from red water with a spoon. In the bowl, tap egg with a spoon or press gently with your thumb to create cracks all over exterior. Place back in red water. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Once chilled, peel and rinse eggs. Slice in half lengthwise and add egg yolks to a medium bowl for the filling. Place hollowed egg whites cut side-up on a serving platter.
Filling and Toppings
- Mash removed yolks with a fork until yolk is in fine pieces. Add mayonnaise, pepper and sunflower oil. Mix well.
- Spoon or pipe filling into hollowed egg whites. Dot filling with a black olive round to create the “pupil” or use. Pipe sauce onto whites to create a bloodshot eye appearance. Serve!