- 500g flour
- 1L Water or milk
- Fortune Oil for frying
- 750g Sugar
- 3 1/2 Cups Water
- 10-12 drops Orange color
- 10-12 Saffron flakes, soaked
- 50g Cashew nuts, chopped
- 50g Raisins
- 10 Cardamoms , peeled
- strainer or fryer
- Prepare a thin batter with gram flour and water or milk. Heat Fortune Oil in a pan.
- Fill the fryer or strainer with the batter up to the half.
- Position it over pan and drain boondis in Oil by hitting the strainer on side of the pan,lifting up then again hitting. This process should be finished very quickly.
- Fry them to golden color, drain and remove. Use up all the batter.
- Prepare sugar syrup of one and a half thread consistency by boiling sugar and water, Addsaffron water and color to the syrup. Mix the boondis, syrup, dry fruits and cardamom.
- After 10 minutes, sprinkle over a little hot water, cover and keep for 1 1/2 hour.
- Prepare round balls with moist hands.